FL Fictitious Name Registration
- This form registers a fictitious name online only.
- Registration of a fictitious name is not required to form a corporation, limited liability company or limited partnership.
- A Fictitious Name Registration does not satisfy Workers’ Compensation Exemption requirements.
- A Fictitious Name Registration is not required for an individual’s legal name, or for the name of a corporation, limited liability company or limited partnership.
- Review and verify your information for accuracy. Once submitted, the registration of a Fictitious Name cannot be changed, removed, canceled or refunded.
- Review the instructions for filing a fictitious name registration.
- The name you register must be advertised at least once in a newspaper that is located within the county where your principal place of business is located (Chapter 50, Florida Statutes). However, proof of advertisement is not required. You, the applicant, certify the name has been advertised when you sign the application.